Saturday, February 15, 2014

Review: Catch My Fall by Ella Fox

Hey y'all!! Tessa here. We thought it would be fun to share our reviews with you guys, so I'm going to kick off our IRAC Review Corner with my review of Ella Fox's Catch My Fall. I ADORED this book and I hope you do, too!!


Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)Catch My Fall by Ella Fox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was my first read by Ella Fox and it definitely will not be my last. From the very beginning I was pulled in and I knew I was reading something special. I was an emotional trainwreck while reading this, alternating between laughing, crying, swooning, and bawling my eyes out to hard that I couldn't see my Kindle anymore. The main characters were two of my favorites, and the side characters were fantastic additionts to the story and I can't wait for more books in the series!

The prologue alone was intense, gripping, and left me wanting more. Leo can sum up my feelings perfectly!

description

When we first meet Mia, aka Mimi, we learn that she's got a shitty dad and a traumatic past. She's heading off to college where she meets her awesome new roommate, Darby, who I LOVED. She still has nightmares about what happened to her, and I was on the edge of my seat wondering what in the hell happened to her. And let me tell you...when we get the flashback? My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest. I was screaming, crying, and feeling every bit of pain that Mia was feeling, and my heart broke for her. Ella Fox drew me right into the scene, and I felt like I was watching it, and it angered me and shattered me to pieces.

On the first day of class she meets super sexy hot-as-sin Tristan, aka Stan, and to be honest, I fell in love with him in a heartbeat. He's everything I want my NA guy to be. Super sexy, swoon worthy, sweet, and a little bit broken. Like Mia, he has issues stemming from his past that cause him to keep people at a distance, but something about Mia makes him want more, even if she resists.

description

As Tristan and Mia's friendship progresses it's pretty apparent that these two are going to fall and they're going to fall hard. Unfortunately, Mia's dealt with guys like Tristan and has no interest in starting a relationship where she's bound to get burned. So they fall into an easy friendship, and it was so fun to watch them grow closer as Tristan started to tear down all of Mia's wall and get inside her heart.

description

This book had everything that I love when it comes to New Adult, and it started with the characters. I love both Mimi and Stan so fiercely. Mia, despite what she'd been through, was such a strong female lead. I already told you what I loved about Tristan, and well, that's pretty much everything. He is VERY high on the book boyfriend shelf! Their journey isn't easy, it isn't instant, and it isn't painless. Watching Stan and Mimi overcome their pasts together was beautiful, heartwarming, and freeing. These are two characters that will stay with me for a very long time. I cannot wait to read more from Ella Fox, especially about Trace, Tristan's brother!

description



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment